Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No Pictures

Just a few updates...

Joshua is now talking all the time. Someone asked me "Does he have to tell you about everything?" yes, yes he does. Some of his favorite phrases when someone has something he wants are "no, mine" "all done" and "have it". Tonight Joshua decided to pray out of turn and came up with "God, thank you for diggers".

Over the weekend we took the side of Joshua's crib. He could climb out, and I didn't want to risk any injuries. He has done well in his "bed fix" and only gotten out twice. I have been surprised at the success. And, in case you're wondering, this is the first time we've taken the side off the crib to make it a toddler bed. Both Sarah and Jeremiah were out of the crib by this age to make room for Jeremiah and Joshua.

Jeremiah's language is also progressing. He is now making "h-" sounds and is working on "k-" sounds. He loves when his teacher comes on Wednesday mornings. She always comes with a book, games, a craft, and a puzzle, of course he loves it.

Sarah continues to be herself. She finished up soccer and spent the next couple days carrying her trophy around the house. She now has a group of friends in our neighborhood and enjoys getting time with them playing game about gems or polly pockets or castles.

About a month ago Sarah told me she had holes in her mouth at the top and, well, I just didn't believe her. She's very sensitive to anything that might be wrong with her and makes a big deal about little thigns, so I ignored it. It turns out she wasn't lying. She has new molars. Guess I was wrong.

Aaron got in a minor car accident a month ago and got rearended into someone. He's been rehabing a shoulder injury. While his pain doesn't seem too bad most of the time, PT takes up a lot of time. We're praying he recovers well and can get back to lifting kids and playing basketball with both arms.

Just over a week ago I was driving the kids home from a youth event in the middle of nowhere. A deer ran out and hit my car (yes, it hit me, I didn't hit it). I slowed down enough to realize the van was still driveable and decided I would deal with it when I got home. I got home and my door wouldn't open. Thankfully Aaron's brother pryed it open the next day. We're still waiting for repairs, but that's taken up a lot of time. I was so thankful that I got the kids home safely and with no injuries.

This past weekend was the missions conference at our church. All the missionaries that came have such different roles and it was a blessing to hear from all of them. Aaron and I were really struck by a man from Zimbabwe who works with 200 churches and 500 orphans. Right after he got here one of the dorms at one of his orphanages got destroyed by wind and rain. We're going to have the Jr Highers start to raise money to help rebuild the orphanage dorm. 33 girls up to age 15 are now sleeping in an office and a classroom. My heart goes out to those girls who don't have parents (many because of AIDS) and now have lost their place of shelter.

So that's where we are right now. Next up ... raking leaves with 400 other people from our church to raise money for those in need. AKA. First Fruits

No comments:

Post a Comment