Tuesday, February 23, 2010

First Birthday!

Joshua is one!
We have a week full of celebrations, but I think he enjoyed his birthday!

As with all birthdays in our house, it started with a birthday pancake (and singing).
Joshua's face lights up any time we sing "Happy Birthday" to him. He knows it's his special song this week.

While preparing for dinner I asked Jeremiah if Joshua would like brownies or cookies for his dessert (he'll have cake on Friday). Jeremiah picked cookies for Joshua, and considering Joshua has said "cookie" twice I think he was right.

Joshua got to open some presents. He got Bunny Hop from his Aunt and Uncle. He's not quite big enough for it and if we play with Sarah and Jeremiah he goes straight for the dice. Based on their opinion, I'm sure Joshua will love this game soon.


I had a hard time trying to figure out what to give Joshua for his birthday. He's not walking, so he doesn't need real shoes, and everything else he could need he has all ready. One friend suggested he would like food, so I went with that.

My friend was right. He loved getting a new variety of puffs, honey nut cheerios, and some other toddler snacks. It makes sense, this boy loves his food. Sometimes he has opinions about food (wanting desserts instead of vegetables), but he basically eats what he's given. And he started whole milk this weekend with no complaints.

Joshua also got a new book. He loves books, probably because he loves pointing at everything. This book starts out with one cookie, how could we go wrong?

The one hard point of Joshua's birthday was his doctors appointment with 2 shots. He did well with them and never seemed bothered by them. I just wanted him to have recovered in time for his party.
He weighs 23lbs 2oz (55%), is 31.25 inches (95%) and has an Osborne head (97%).

No comments:

Post a Comment