After setting up camp, we headed out for a two mile hike. If it wasn't for the ice cream at the end, I'm not sure of if Jeremiah would have made it, but he did.
We roasted the required hotdogs and marshmellows :-)
Our biggest concern with camping was Joshua. The boy is nonstop all over the place. Other than sleeping, this was the only time he sat still. By the time we were ready to leave, he was head to toe covered in dirt. I took his socks and shoes off to give him a quick wipes bath before putting him in his carseat, and there was a clear line of dirt. It was gross, but he made it.
We don't have a very large tent, but made room for everyone. Joshua had to sleep between my pillow and the edge of the tent. Once we got him to stop moving and fall asleep he didn't seem to mind. We're going to need a bigger tent once he learns he needs a bigger spot to sleep, although I really enjoyed having everyone together for one night.
never stop! it is worth every headache. we have had the best family moments out in the woods. One of the favorites, and I am not kidding, was the trip when it rained for 14 hours straight like it was being poured out of buckets! love these pictures!
ReplyDelete