Ruth and Andrew are missionaries with New Tribes Mission in Papua New Guinea. They have been there for 20 years and have been working with a tribe of people called the Nimo. In that time they have learned the language, taught literacy, done medical work, and are just finishing up translating the New Testament into the Nimo language. While I doubt we will ever go there, Aaron and I are fascinated by the ministry they do. From treks through swamps, to hopping a boat over fallen trees in a river, to seeing the people's lives change as they come to faith, they have been trusting God in huge ways. These types of people are my heroes and it has been a huge blessing to have them with us for a week.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Quiet
If you've been wondering why I've been so quiet this week, this couple (Ruth and Andrew) and the RBC Missions Conference are to blame.

Ruth and Andrew are missionaries with New Tribes Mission in Papua New Guinea. They have been there for 20 years and have been working with a tribe of people called the Nimo. In that time they have learned the language, taught literacy, done medical work, and are just finishing up translating the New Testament into the Nimo language. While I doubt we will ever go there, Aaron and I are fascinated by the ministry they do. From treks through swamps, to hopping a boat over fallen trees in a river, to seeing the people's lives change as they come to faith, they have been trusting God in huge ways. These types of people are my heroes and it has been a huge blessing to have them with us for a week.
Ruth and Andrew are missionaries with New Tribes Mission in Papua New Guinea. They have been there for 20 years and have been working with a tribe of people called the Nimo. In that time they have learned the language, taught literacy, done medical work, and are just finishing up translating the New Testament into the Nimo language. While I doubt we will ever go there, Aaron and I are fascinated by the ministry they do. From treks through swamps, to hopping a boat over fallen trees in a river, to seeing the people's lives change as they come to faith, they have been trusting God in huge ways. These types of people are my heroes and it has been a huge blessing to have them with us for a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment