But before I get to today ... she's really been growing up lately ...
Recently she has been asking to cook things on her own,
"when will I be old enough to use the stove? when can I cook?"
So I decided to let her make chocolate pudding with the mixer by herself. She was so proud of herself as she measured the milk and read the directions, and even cleaned up afterwards. And the pudding was good.
We got Sarah a bike a couple weeks ago and she has been riding it a lot, now able to get up some hills without trouble, but I posted that picture a week ago.
On Tuesday Sarah started Kindergarden at our homeschool co-op. It is such a blessing to have a place for her to go and learn, while still being homeschooled. She was ready for her first day and went in with no problems.
And today, before her birthday parties, Sarah started soccer. Most kids her age have all ready been in some kind of structured activities, but we held off a little. She did great today and was ready for it, even scoring a goal (in 3 on 3 soccer, winning the game 6-2).
So today, we got her friends together for a small fairy birthday party. At times it was loud (when they were chasing a goblin), at times it was quiet (when they were focusing on decorating their wands), but most of all it was a blessing to celebrate Sarah's birthday.
So, although she's not quite 5 yet, Sarah is ready to be 5. She's becoming just a little more independent and a little more willing to try new things. Sarah's not in a rush, but she's ready to be 5. And she's such a blessing.
Happy birthday to Sarah! She and Archie share a b'day (just two years apart). I am ready for him to be three, too!
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet post, abby!
ReplyDeleteYeah Sarah! Wish I could have tried your pudding and come to your party. Hope you enjoy your polly pockets (and your mom doesn't get to tired of the tiny pieces like I did...)
ReplyDelete