Thursday, December 31, 2009

Playseum

On Thursday we went with some friends to the Playseum in Bethesda. A couple friends (Michelle and Courtney) had given it good reviews, so we took the opportunity while Aaron was off work to check it out.

Lets just say that the holiday season has not been kind to the Playseum. While we had fun, it was showing a lot of wear for the short time it has been open.

Jeremiah loved the music room and the fire engine.

Joshua was hard to watch. He crawled around and was into everything (or more everything went into his mouth). He enjoyed this tunnel until I discovered him chewing on a piece of plaster and decided it was time to move on.

For infants, they did have a couple rooms filled with age appropriate toys which were gated off for safety. Joshua enjoyed one of the rooms, but the ball pit room looked too dirty for me to let him in. I only really felt like he was safe when I had a hold of him.

Sarah found the face painting and patiently waited her turn to get a butterfly on her cheek. In the princess botique, Aaron painted Sarah's nails with her choice of sparkly pink nail polish and she picked the pink crown and dress to wear.

The adventure was fun for the children, and I was glad that Aaron came along. I hope that the stressful experience we had was just a product of the busy holiday season and that the Playseum can recover. It truly is a great idea.

1 comment:

  1. sorry it wasn't the best experience for you guys! it's quite a trek up there...

    ReplyDelete