So I wanted to write down some random recent experiences. They seemed so random that only Seven Quick Takes would work.
1 After a lunch of ice cream, the Sarah and Jeremiah started a game of Duck, Duck, Pepperoni. Just the two of them, taking turns, getting to pepperoni and racing around the house and back to do it all over again. Priceless
2 Today Joshua has been pulling up and standing all over the place. At the library at bookshelves and their little toy, in our living room at the tables, couches, chairs, and of course in his crib. I don't even see him crawling to the places, I just turn around and he's standing again. Maybe I should teach Jeremiah to knock him down so he slows down a little bit.
3 On Monday we had Elijah over for a while and I got an extended lesson in 4yr old humor. "Sarah, are you a picture frame or a window." "Salt""Elijah, are you a car or a cup." "Salami" They kept it up for a long time. Elijah is so goofy and Sarah loves it. I'm so glad they understand each others jokes.
4 Jeremiah is in a phase where everything is a goose. If he wants to make a joke, his sentence will end in goose. If he wants attention, something is a goose. Or goosey.
5 Aaron has traveled for work a couple times in the past month. I'm glad he's back. He went to a conference and to a week long seminary class. While I can't say that being home with the kids was that bad, I have to admit I am a little jealous of where he's been. The first trip he went to the Catalyst conference and got to hear from Andy Stanley, Chuck Swindoll, and Louie Giglio. Then he went to spend a week learning about discipleship. I've been trying to figure out all of what he learned about. He's not intentionally withholding information, but I'd like to know more. If I can't be there, I'm going to try and get as much second hand as I can.
1 After a lunch of ice cream, the Sarah and Jeremiah started a game of Duck, Duck, Pepperoni. Just the two of them, taking turns, getting to pepperoni and racing around the house and back to do it all over again. Priceless
2 Today Joshua has been pulling up and standing all over the place. At the library at bookshelves and their little toy, in our living room at the tables, couches, chairs, and of course in his crib. I don't even see him crawling to the places, I just turn around and he's standing again. Maybe I should teach Jeremiah to knock him down so he slows down a little bit.
3 On Monday we had Elijah over for a while and I got an extended lesson in 4yr old humor. "Sarah, are you a picture frame or a window." "Salt"
4 Jeremiah is in a phase where everything is a goose. If he wants to make a joke, his sentence will end in goose. If he wants attention, something is a goose. Or goosey.
5 Aaron has traveled for work a couple times in the past month. I'm glad he's back. He went to a conference and to a week long seminary class. While I can't say that being home with the kids was that bad, I have to admit I am a little jealous of where he's been. The first trip he went to the Catalyst conference and got to hear from Andy Stanley, Chuck Swindoll, and Louie Giglio. Then he went to spend a week learning about discipleship. I've been trying to figure out all of what he learned about. He's not intentionally withholding information, but I'd like to know more. If I can't be there, I'm going to try and get as much second hand as I can.
6 At the catalyst conference, Aaron picked up a book that I got to read, Scouting the Divine. It's about a woman's journey to find God with a shepherd, a vinter, a bee keeper, and a farmer. Reading it has helped some of my time reading Micah and Nahum come alive. It's a pretty easy read, and enjoyable.
7 Someone gave me one of these snack traps to use with Joshua. I'm pretty sure he's not ready. I gave him cheerios in it yesterday while he was in his carseat. He ended up with cheerios everywhere and I'm pretty sure he didn't eat any of them. He totally missed the point.
7 Someone gave me one of these snack traps to use with Joshua. I'm pretty sure he's not ready. I gave him cheerios in it yesterday while he was in his carseat. He ended up with cheerios everywhere and I'm pretty sure he didn't eat any of them. He totally missed the point.
PRICELESS!!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog!!!!! Thanks for sharing! :)
WOW, I can't believe he's standing,put some weights in that boys diaper..LOL. We miss having Elijah around because he is a hoot. I have to say I'd be pretty jealous too if my husband got to hear all those people speak, that is an awesome experience, too bad they can't put that stuff on video so at least they can share some of it, and definitely going to pick up a copy of that book to help me have things come alive.
ReplyDelete