Friday, January 8, 2010

Whoops...

We've had a little pink eye and sore throats going around our house this week. I found some medicine that we used when Sarah had pink eye a couple years ago and used it to clear up all three of the kids eyes.
However, yesterday, Jeremiah woke up from his nap crying that his tummy was itchy. A little benedryl and a bath cleared it all up. Then last night I saw some more spots on his body, the same today. After seeing this rash come and go a few times I decided I should take him in to the doctor (a little concerned that I'd show up and he would be rash free).
Well, the doctor checks him out, and he has hives. I've seen my nephew get hives several times before, but those were all located in obvious places for hives (like around his mouth after eating). I couldn't tell that Jeremiah had hives.
Then I had to explain to the doctor that I used Sarah's antibiotic on him, and no I don't know the name of it, could she please look it up in Sarah's chart to figure it out. The only name I could come up with was the drops for his ear infections, but I was careful and didn't put ear meds in his eyes, I just didn't know what it was called.
And, how long has he had a sore throat? I'm not sure, I can't keep track, he didn't have a fever so I wasn't concerned. Thankfully the strep test came back negative.
So, now we have a new medication for Jeremiah's pink eye, and a drug allergy.
Of course, I'm not sure of the exact name of the drug he's allergic to. I guess I should look that up, because he'll be telling it to doctors for the rest of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment