Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Figuring it out

You'd think by number 3, I'd have life with a baby figured out. I can't figure out how to get Joshua to nurse without gulping air. Sometimes I can't tell if he's tired, teething, or needing to burp. I can't figure out why this baby won't eat solids like the others did (although, thanks to Heather's suggestion he did better tonight with his rice cereal a bit thicker). And I can't figure out how to fit three naps in for him and still get him to bed by 8pm.


Tonight at the end of dinner Joshua fell asleep in the high chair. We left him there for a little while as we were getting ready to go to Costco. I just can't figure out when his third nap should be.

6 comments:

  1. i did sawyer's 3rd nap while i was making dinner...from like 5:30-6. only 30 minutes. so that then he was still ready to go back to bed around 7:30-8ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you posted this. I used to think I was crazy when I couldn't figure Garrett out...I thought I should be an expert after having Clay. But all babies are different so I guess all mommies get to stress a little about some aspect of their day. Especially those eating and sleeping routines! Hey! Maybe third nap should just be in the highchair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I posted a comment and I don't think it showed up. I posted one on a post from last week and I don't see it there either. So, this is a test. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that seemed to work, so I'm going to try again. The gist of my comment is I wouldn't worry too much if he isn't eating solid food - as long has he's sleeping well at night and doesn't wake up hungry. Micaiah hated everything we tried from the time he was 6 months until about 9 months. All he had was breast milk. As long as he was sleeping well and not loosing weight the Dr. said not to worry about it. Once he started waking up hungry around 9 months I knew it was time to push it more. The best part was that he pretty much went right to table food! :-) Good luck. Joshua is so adorable and looks very healthy so I'm sure everything will be great! I LOVE the nap in the high chair. I always wanted to take a picture like that but neither of mine ever did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girls both took cat naps around dinner time too. Just a half hour and then back to bed at 8.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've tried the cat nap around 5:30, and it seems to be working. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete