Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sarah on life...

On Friendship
Sarah: I like Eden (a seven month old)
Me: When she's older, will she be your friend?
Sarah: Mom, she's already my friend.

On the Baptism Service tonight
Me: Sarah, what happened at the baptism
Sarah: They went under the water.
Me: But what did they talk about before that.
Sarah: Growing up, their ages, asking Jesus in their heart, a teacher had easter eggs (resurrection eggs). And they went under the water. I want to go swimming. Maybe tomorrow we can go with Daddy and you won't have to worry about us.

On Fun (from last week)
Me: Today we are going to playgroup at a playground.
Sarah: Do we have to go to a playground?
Me: Yes, Jeremiah likes playgrounds and we are going because he likes it.
Sarah: But I'd rather do school. I like school better than playgrounds.

On Marriage (because Sarah loves weddings)
Sarah: Why do we have to marry other people?
Me: You mean other than your brother?
Sarah: Yes, why won't God let us marry our brothers?
Me: That's just how it is.
Sarah: But can we marry our friends?

On Jesus
Me (singing to Joshua): I will carry you to Jesus.
Sarah: He is everything we need.

I love what Sarah finds important. I love how she sees the world. I love her childlike faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment